About This Site
Carmelite Friars founded not later than 1336 (c.1320) by the Berminghams, barons of Athenry; dissolved 1589; granted to John Rawson 1589; restored 1735 (c.1737); closed c.1775
Carmelite Friars founded not later than 1336 (c.1320) by the Berminghams, barons of Athenry; dissolved 1589; granted to John Rawson 1589; restored 1735 (c.1737); closed c.1775
Historical Information
Alternative Names:
- Kaltragh-ne-Pallice
- Caltragh Pallas
- Caltranapallice
- Caltra-ne-Pallas
- Callarense
- Kaltragh-
- Keal-
- Pallice
- Paileeshe
Communities & Provenance:
Carmelite Friars founded not later than 1336 (c.1320) by the Berminghams, barons of Athenry; dissolved 1589; granted to John Rawson 1589; restored 1735 (c.1737); closed c.1775