Skip to content

Carrickbeg Friary

πŸ“ Waterford β›ͺ Conventual πŸ“… 14th Century πŸ›οΈ Closed

About This Site

Franciscan Friars Minor, Conventual founded 1336 by James Butler, Earl of Desmond; dissolved 1540, surrendered by ‘Prior’ William Cormoke 7 April 1540; granted to Thomas, Earl of Ormond; the friars…

Franciscan Friars Minor, Conventual founded 1336 by James Butler, Earl of Desmond; dissolved 1540, surrendered by ‘Prior’ William Cormoke 7 April 1540; granted to Thomas, Earl of Ormond; the friars returned in 1669, a new church was built in 1822 which remained in use until 2006 when the friary was closed.

Historical Information

Founded: 1336