About This Site
Franciscan Friars, Third Order Regular founded after 1449 by Father Andrew O’Clumhain (Coleman), land granted by John O’Hara, with the approval of Cornelius O’Moghan, Bishop of Achonry; dissolved 1588; granted to Richard Kyndelinshe 1588; granted to William Taaffe 1598; granted to Francis Edgworth 1623/4
Historical Information
Founded:after 1449
Dissolved:1588
Associated Saints:Father Andrew O'Clumhain (Coleman)
Alternative Names:
- Abbey Court
- Cooit
- Cuit-ruardri
- Cuirtwilleag